Today’s physician practices are faced with many challenges. Struggling to maintain quality patient care despite declining reimbursement, rising operating costs, higher malpractice rates and increased competition can be overwhelming. To offset rising costs and increase revenue, the obvious solution is to see more patients. However, if your caseload is already at maximum capacity, this may not be a viable option. Establishing your own PT clinic may be the answer.
There are three compelling reasons to explore in-house PT:
- Physician-directed care allows for greater control over patient care and outcomes.
- Physician-directed care provides an added service and convenience for patients and improves the chances of your patients being 100% satisfied with their recovery.
- In-house PT offers excellent potential for the bottom line, increasing income and the value of the practice as well as helping the practice become more competitive – WITHOUT INCREASING YOUR PATIENT LOAD.
Why would a medical practice use National PT rather than developing a PT clinic on its own?
- Most medical practices don’t have the expertise, resources, or time to develop and manage an optimally performing clinic.
- Most practices do not want the “headache” of operating another business with its unique regulatory, reimbursement and operational risks.
- Most physical therapists prefer not to be employed directly by physicians but by an experienced PT management company while still being able to communicate patient progress directly to physicians.
National PT has spent over a decade helping physicians successfully establish and manage their own customized physical therapy clinics. Our expertise allows us to avoid common problems such as unprofitability, substandard care, compliance issues and management hassles with employees. We operate in full compliance with Stark and other legal regulations.